In an effort to foster healthy competition and reward students who work hard in our organization a award system has been established. These awards are based on the accomplishments members achieve throughout the year by being involved in our chapter, achieving academically, and improving professionally.
Awards by points:
All awards done by points will be done by top 3. The #1 in points for each category will be given a NSBE sweater with the year and title of their accomplishment.Those outside of #1 will be given gift cards, gift baskets, and other prizes.
- Chapter Member of The Year
- Rewarded to the member with the most points overall at the end of the academic year
- Academic Excellence Member of The Year
- Rewarded to the member with the most academic points overall at the end of the academic school year
- Professional Development Member of the Year
- Rewarded to the member with the most professional development points overall at the end of the academic school year
Awards by chapter vote:
Awards by chapter vote will be done by chapter vote at the general body meeting on the 2nd week of April. The person with the majority votes will win and members cannot vote for themselves. Winners will be given prizes such as gift cards, gift baskets, etc.
- New member of the year
- Rewarded to a 1st time member who has demonstrated great success academically and professionally
- Most Improved Member
- Given to a member who has made great strides in improving themselves academically and professionally from the start of the semester.
- Executive Board member of the year
- Given to a chapter officer who has been involved and given a great amount of time and effort to NSBE
Awards by conference and convention activity:
Awards done by executive board vote. These awards are based on the success and activity of general body members at conference(s). Participating in workshops, volunteering, and receiving interviews or offers will be considered when giving these rewards.
- Fall Regional Conference
- Given to the student with the most success and effort at Fall Regional Conference
- Annual Convention
- Given to the student with the most success and effort at the Annual Convention